ವಾಕ್ಯ, ದ೦ಡನೆಅಭಿಪ್ರಾಯ, ಅಭಿಮತ, ಸೂಕ್ತಿದ೦ಡಿಸು
Noun(1) a string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language(2) (criminal law(3) the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
Verb(1) pronounce a sentence on (somebody
(1) To say that a given sentence is logically possible is to say that there is a model that satisfies it.(2) Some Australian states impose a mandatory minimum sentence for wilful murder.(3) Second, the judge must have already decided to sentence the offender to a prison term of less than two years duration.(4) Some US states, such as Hawaii, have far more lenient laws than Texas in such cases and would allow treatment rather than a prison sentence or death penalty.(5) He was ordered to complete a remaining eight month sentence for that offence before starting the latest jail term.(6) her husband is serving a three-year sentence for fraud(7) And in cases of that sort, everyone has always agreed that such words can end a sentence .(8) But the Supreme Court sympathetically commuted the death sentence to life imprisonment.(9) severe sentence(10) this bill will only sentence people to look for charity(11) he received a three-month sentence(12) The key word in the last sentence is in quotation marks because, as Tolstoy made clear in War and Peace, there are as many truths about a given battle, after it, as there were participants in it.(13) Then he has the nerve to put a exclamation mark after the sentence !(14) This distinction allows us to define a logical truth as a sentence that is true no matter what referring expressions occur in it.(15) You have to sentence on the basis of the indictment.(16) deterrent sentence
(1) death sentence :: ಮರಣ ದಂಡನೆ
(2) topic sentence :: ವಿಷಯ ವಾಕ್ಯ
(3) life sentence :: ಜೀವಾವಧಿ ಶಿಕ್ಷೆಯನ್ನು
(4) sentence structure :: ವಾಕ್ಯ ರಚನೆ
(5) affirmative sentence :: ಸಕಾರಾತ್ಮಕ ಶಿಕ್ಷೆ
(6) prison sentence :: ಜೈಲುಶಿಕ್ಷೆಯ
(7) conditional sentence :: ಷರತ್ತುಬದ್ಧ ವಾಕ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ
(8) complex sentence :: ಸಂಕೀರ್ಣ ಶಿಕ್ಷೆ
(9) simple sentence :: ಸರಳ ವಾಕ್ಯ
(10) sentence stress :: ಶಿಕ್ಷೆಯನ್ನು ಒತ್ತಡ
1. judgment ::
2. prison term ::
3. time ::
4. conviction ::
5. pass judgment on ::
ರಂದು ತೀರ್ಪು ಹಾದು
6. doom ::
sentence, sentenced, sentences, sentencing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
in a SENTENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
and SENTENCE him to death.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
"as I struggle to
finish this SENTENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
He who passes the SENTENCE
should swing the sword.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
From the start, it's a death SENTENCE.
That's what they keep telling me.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Kannada Dictionary: sentence
Meaning and definitions of sentence, translation in Kannada language for sentence with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sentence in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sentence"
What sentence means in Kannada, sentence meaning in Kannada, sentence definition, examples and pronunciation of sentence in Kannada language.