Noun(1) the act of applying force to propel something(2) a mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine(3) a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end(4) a road leading up to a private house(5) the trait of being highly motivated(6) hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver(7) the act of driving a herd of animals overland(8) a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile(9) a physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire(10) (computer science(11) a wide scenic road planted with trees(12) (sports, as in tennis or squash
Verb(1) operate or control a vehicle(2) travel or be transported in a vehicle(3) cause someone or something to move by driving(4) force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically(5) to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly(6) cause to move back by force or influence(7) compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment(8) push, propel, or press with force(9) cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force(10) strive and make an effort to reach a goal(11) move into a desired direction of discourse(12) have certain properties when driven(13) work as a driver(14) move by being propelled by a force(15) urge forward(16) proceed along in a vehicle
(1) Arklow got another try soon after when a drive from a five-metre line proved unstoppable.(2) I take it you can drive?(3) Greg hit a good drive at the 18th(4) Where the two diagonal strings cross, drive a stake into the ground to mark the position of the center footing.(5) This energy trapped in the reactor is used as a heat source to drive a steam turbine and create electricity.(6) card drive(7) we need to allow market forces to drive growth in the telecommunications sector(8) He was halfway through the cigarette when he heard the gate open and someone walk up the gravel drive .(9) The scheme is also within a few minutes' drive of the main motorway network and is close to a number of bus routes.(10) We got in the car and he put the gears in drive , and soon we were rounding the block.(11) he wanted to drive me away(12) Terri showed a determination and drive from childhood that was to see her through difficult periods of her life.(13) Education chiefs this week launched a fresh drive to recruit school governors across Wiltshire.(14) You have to look at factors like how long the disk remains in a drive , which may be more critical in some apps than in others.(15) ON-the-spot fines for those who dump rubbish are being considered by the Government as part of a drive to clean up shabby neighbourhoods.(16) A mazy run took him into range of Morgan's goal but his right-foot drive flew inches wide.
(1) to drive :: ಓಡಿಸಲು
(2) hard drive :: ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ಡ್ರೈವ್
(3) drive off :: ಚಾಲನೆ ಆಫ್
(4) disk drive :: ಡಿಸ್ಕ್ ಡ್ರೈವ್
(5) drive away :: ಓಡಿಸಿ
(6) pen drive :: ಪೆನ್ ಡ್ರೈವ್
(7) drive out :: ಹೊರಗೋಡಿಸುವ
(8) drive a car :: ಕಾರನ್ನು ಚಲಾಯಿಸಲು
(9) drive shaft :: ಡ್ರೈವ್ ಶಾಫ್ಟ್
(10) floppy drive :: ಫ್ಲಾಪಿ ಡ್ರೈವ್
1. excursion ::
2. driveway ::
3. urge ::
4. motivation ::
5. campaign ::
6. driving force ::
7. private road ::
8. parkway ::
9. driving ::
10. effort ::
11. ride ::
12. operate ::
13. travel by car ::
14. chauffeur ::
15. power ::
16. hammer ::
17. impel ::
18. force ::
19. work ::
20. get ::
21. repel ::
22. ride ::
23. motor ::
24. take ::
25. ram ::
26. labor ::
1. cut ::
2. deactivate ::
3. kill ::
drive, drives, driving, drivings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I DRIVE a Chevy Cavalier.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
Oh, like yesterday when you
made me DRIVE you to the dry cleaners...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
Event B: We DRIVE halfway across town
to retrieve a television set...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
And you DRIVE up to visit her one weekend
and she acts like she doesn't know you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
I guess you could call it...
my core DRIVE.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
English to Kannada Dictionary: drive
Meaning and definitions of drive, translation in Kannada
language for drive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of drive in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'drive'
What drive means in Kannada, drive meaning
in Kannada, drive
definition, examples and pronunciation
of drive in Kannada language.