Noun(1) a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war(2) a meeting arranged in advance(3) a mutual promise to marry(4) the act of giving someone a job(5) employment for performers or performing groups that lasts for a limited period of time(6) contact by fitting together(7) the act of sharing in the activities of a group
(1) Armed conflicts have sparked many innovations in the system of effective engagement of the enemy by fire.(2) The goal of precision engagement of ground targets from aircraft has a long history.(3) I headed off for our dinner engagement where I waited in vain for my dear husband to arrive.(4) Due to appear in court, she chose instead to fulfil a speaking engagement at the public hall.(5) It contained the two rings - one given to her almost 60 years ago on her engagement and the other for her 50th birthday.(6) As this country's land-fighting component, the Army has needed and employed interpreters in every engagement throughout its history.(7) Engagement Congratulations to Tracy and Colin who announced their engagement on New Year's Day.(8) And the engagement promises to be deeper and longer-lasting than anyone ever imagined.(9) Meanwhile, preparations for military engagement in the Persian Gulf continue.(10) Today also marks the date of his engagement to Hilary - who is also a lollipop lady - and they will celebrate their ruby wedding anniversary on December 29.(11) China's engagement in space scientific experiments and technical tests is entirely out of peaceful purpose, it also represents a contribution to the science of humanity and to the cause of peace.(12) Britain's continued engagement in open trading(13) Congratulations to Paul and Anita on their engagement on New Year's Eve.(14) The airport staff were very kind in sending us a bottle of champagne the following day for our engagement , which we greatly appreciated.(15) She says that because there was no formal engagement , he has broken no promise.(16) It is mostly in use where the case in point is organizing combined effective engagement of the enemy or planning employment of air defense forces and assets.
(1) engagement ring :: ನಿಶ್ಚಿತಾರ್ಥದ ಉಂಗುರ
(2) rules of engagement :: ಕರಾರಿನ ನಿಯಮಗಳನ್ನು
(3) engagement ceremony :: ನಿಶ್ಚಿತಾರ್ಥದ ಸಮಾರಂಭದಲ್ಲಿ
(4) previous engagement :: ಹಿಂದಿನ ನಿಶ್ಚಿತಾರ್ಥದ
1. marriage contract ::
2. appointment ::
3. battle ::
4. betrothal ::
5. employment ::
6. fight ::
7. involution ::
9. booking ::
10. date ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So if he wanted to give me
that ENGAGEMENT ring,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
You recall that heroic ENGAGEMENT?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Tell me the truth.
Do you want an end to this ENGAGEMENT?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
their ENGAGEMENT must stand.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
Yeah. See Bernie's
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
English to Kannada Dictionary: engagement
Meaning and definitions of engagement, translation in Kannada language for engagement with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of engagement in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "engagement"
What engagement means in Kannada, engagement meaning
in Kannada, engagement definition, examples and pronunciation
of engagement in Kannada language.