Noun(1) an executive officer of a firm or corporation(2) the person who holds the office of head of state of the United States government(3) the chief executive of a republic(4) the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization(5) the head administrative officer of a college or university(6) the office of the United States head of state
(1) In March the university announced that the president is retiring from office.(2) the president of the European Community(3) I never thought I'd be so well cared for by the president and the Republicans in Congress.(4) the Irish president(5) The president of the UFO Society of Ireland, Betty Meyler, believes the flying objects are a sign of life on other planets.(6) Samuel Pepys was the son of a London tailor and a president of the Royal Society.(7) Some nights ago my partner and I had dinner with the president of the University of Southern California and his wife.(8) The Republican president was eventually forced to resign in disgrace.(9) The council endorsed the policy, which was enacted by the university president .(10) However, if there is a dispute between the Church and State, both sides will have to refer the matter to the president of the Law Society of Ireland.(11) For the second time in less than eight months, the Simon Fraser Student Society has lost its president .(12) Lowe is the 15th president of the organization, and will serve as the national chair for the next two years.(13) For seven years he has sent appeals requesting the help of the president and prime minister but has not even received an acknowledgement.(14) It's hard to be interested in winning when your organization - from the president down to the manager - isn't.(15) The president of the Royal Society has told the government that scientific reasoning must be a core part of school education up until the age of 19.(16) The parliament will elect a president and two vice presidents, who will form a presidential council.
(1) former president :: ಮಾಜಿ ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ
(2) vice-president :: ಉಪಾಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ
(3) senior vice president :: ಹಿರಿಯ ಉಪಾಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ
(4) run for president :: ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ ಸ್ಥಾನಕ್ಕೆ
(5) president of the board :: ಮಂಡಳಿಯ ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ
(6) past president :: ಹಿಂದಿನ ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ
(7) president-elect :: ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷರಾಗಿ ಆಯ್ಕೆಯಾದ
(8) as president :: ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷರಾಗಿ
(9) a president :: ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ
1. head of state ::
2. head ::
3. chairman ::
4. chief executive ::
5. prexy ::
6. chairperson ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
a military response.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
She wasn’t going to phone the PRESIDENT,
or the TV, or her fucking mother.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
but President Siebert
trusted me with this,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
Hello, President Siebert.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
and tell President Siebert
this is what I want to do.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
English to Kannada Dictionary: president
Meaning and definitions of president, translation in Kannada language for president with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of president in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "president"
What president means in Kannada, president meaning in Kannada, president definition, examples and pronunciation of president in Kannada language.