ಸರಳ, ನೇರವಾದ, ನೆಟ್ಟಗಿರುವನೀಟಾಗಿನೀಟಾದ
Noun(1) a person having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex(2) a poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit(3) a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
Adjective(1) successive (without a break(2) having no deviations(3) (of hair(4) erect in posture(5) in keeping with the facts(6) characterized by honesty and fairness(7) no longer coiled(8) free from curves or angles(9) neatly arranged; not disorderly(10) not homosexual(11) accurately fitted; level(12) without evasion or compromise(13) (of an alcoholic drink(14) following a correct or logical method(15) rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
Adverb(1) without deviation(2) in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly(3) in a straight line; in a direct course
(1) I grabbed my bag and walked out of the bathroom, looking down, and ran straight into an assistant principal.(2) So the dots all lie along straight lines passing through the centre of the system of circles.(3) Why is it that when you stop paddling a kayak, it turns sharply instead of maintaining a straight course?(4) Just after my first pitstop my steering developed a problem which meant that whenever I was driving straight it was pulling to the left.(5) Her straight hair is tied in a ponytail and her eye shadow looks fresh.(6) Mark stood, shaking his long navy blue pant leg straight before walking forward and pulling out my chair.(7) The waitresses wear authentic Thai clothes and look elegant in their long straight skirts and blouses in silks of every hue of the rainbow.(8) With a little bit of focussed and straight thinking, it could be more suitable for what is essentially a children's band on this channel.(9) A flat arch, also known as jack or straight arch, extends straight across an opening with no curvature, creating a horizontal emphasis.(10) she came straight home(11) In the meantime, Gray was working hard to convince a straight person in her life that it was OK to attend.(12) I spend most of my life in the company of straight people.(13) He said that since the shutdown, bartenders cannot serve straight alcohol.(14) he worked 14 days straight(15) This time she didn't jerk away, just looked straight at him with steady tears streaming down her face.(16) His cherry-red bow tie was perfectly straight , his white shirt immaculately ironed.
(1) go straight :: ನೇರವಾಗಿ ಹೋಗಿ
(2) straight ahead :: ನೇರವಾಗಿ ಮುಂದೆ
(3) straight hair :: ನೇರ ಕೂದಲು
(4) go straight on :: ನೇರ ಹೋಗಿ
(5) go straight ahead :: ನೇರವಾಗಿ ಮುಂದಕ್ಕೆ ಹೋಗಿ
(6) straight line :: ಸರಳ ರೇಖೆ
(7) straight down :: ನೇರವಾಗಿ ಕೆಳಕ್ಕೆ
(8) straight face :: ನೇರ ಮುಖ
(9) straight on :: ನೇರವಾಗಿ
1. unswerving ::
2. level ::
3. in order ::
4. honest ::
5. logical ::
6. successive ::
7. undiluted ::
8. respectable ::
9. neat ::
12. square ::
13. straightforward ::
14. consecutive ::
15. right ::
16. directly ::
17. right away ::
18. frankly ::
20. straightaway ::
21. heterosexual ::
1. bad ::
2. black ::
3. dishonest ::
4. evil ::
5. evil-minded ::
6. immoral ::
7. indecent ::
8. wicked ::
9. wrong ::
straight, straighten, straightened, straightening, straightens, straighter, straightest, straightly, straightness, straights
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Tonight at dinner you went on about it
for an hour STRAIGHT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
- How are you saying that with a STRAIGHT face?
- I don't know.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
For three hours STRAIGHT, all he talked
about was something called Babylon 5.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
and then STRAIGHT back down
like it's going to crash, and
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 18
And my slogan was, "A line
this STRAIGHT is a line that's great."
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
English to Kannada Dictionary: straight
Meaning and definitions of straight, translation in Kannada language for straight with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of straight in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "straight"
What straight means in Kannada, straight meaning in Kannada, straight definition, examples and pronunciation of straight in Kannada language.